Get ready for your best year yet!
Get ready for your best year yet!
VGP's Jumpstart January
Online Workshop from Thursday, January 18th - Wednesday, January 31st, 2024
Let’s start the new year off right with Jumpstart January, our annual virtual leadership event!
Start earning your annual CE credits right away with access to seven individual sessions to watch at your own pace over a 14-day period, January 18th - 31st on EdQuest. Choose just a couple, or watch them all... The choice is yours!
Through these seven virtual presentations, you will get that new year, new you motivation while collecting up to seven RACE-approved CE hours. This conference is geared towards practice leaders; however, anyone is welcome to join and there is no limit on registration per practice!
During this virtual event, seven expert speakers will take the digital stage on Thursday, January 18th at 10 AM Central, and attendees will have full access through 12 AM Central, on Thursday, February 1st.
VGP Expert Speakers
- Shawn McVey, MA, MSW - Money and Medicine: Getting Clients to Accept Your Fees - By grasping client value perception, you can establish client-focused pricing that your team also supports. Explore factors impacting value, effective estimate presentation, handling challenging scenarios, discounting, and payment alternatives. Gain new confidence in discussing finances.
- Rachel Teichberg, CVPM, CVBL, CCFP - Dealing with Difficult Employees: Getting Rid of the Toxicity in Your Practice - Building the right team is key to business success, but dealing with difficult employees can be challenging. Let's address this issue and find a solution to improve the situation or part ways amicably.
- Julia Behr, CVPM, CVBL, PPPC, CCFP - Live Your Best Life: A Path to Well-Being - In the veterinary field, work-life balance can be elusive. This workshop teaches self-care and work-life harmony, enhancing both personal and professional life satisfaction.
- Jessica Strohecker, PCM, CDMP, CVBL - From Help Wanted to Hired: Mastering Veterinary Hiring with the Art of Branding - The vet industry faces a talent shortage. To succeed in recruiting, build a strong brand, and tell a compelling story. Learn to use your brand for effective talent attraction and retention.
- Leather Brice, CVBL, CCFP - Leadership for New Managers - New veterinary managers face exciting yet challenging transitions. This presentation will help define your role, address common challenges, and enhance leadership skills, reassuring you that these struggles are part of the journey, not exceptions.
- Jamie Davis, CVPM – Time Management Strategies: How to Harness Your Time for Improved Productivity - In a busy world, time management is crucial. Learn effective techniques and task prioritization tailored for the veterinary field's interruptions. Create a personalized roadmap to boost productivity.
- Lauren Davis, CVBL, CCFP - Recruiting the Right Candidate - Recruiting is an ongoing process in veterinary practices. We'll discuss Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Belonging, and crafting a DEIB-focused recruiting strategy. Discover how to set up an effective interview process to find the right candidate for your practice.
Veterinary Growth Partners is excited to host this virtual event on EdQuest, our incredible learning platform free for all VGP members like yourself. If you have not yet claimed your account or signed up for EdQuest, you will be given a link to request your EdQuest account. In addition, our Customer Service Team will confirm all EdQuest accounts are active and will email anyone who needs to set up their account prior to the virtual event. New EdQuest accounts can only be made by the VGP Team.
On Thursday, January 18th, you will receive an email reminding you that the virtual event is live along with a short video explaining how to navigate through the platform. Once you complete a course, your CE certificate will be saved to your EdQuest account.
This is an exclusive event for Veterinary Growth Partners members. Registration is entirely complimentary — a value of $500 per attendee! You can register as many leaders from your organization as you’d like as the workshop is geared toward owners, administrators, managers, and team leads. Please register each member of your team individually with their personal email address. Each person will need their own EdQuest account to participate.
We have a very limited number of seats available, so be sure to register early. If you have questions before registration, please contact us.
Cancellation and Substitutions
We will charge a $100 per attendee cancellation fee for a cancellation received less than 2 days prior to the event. Substitutions can also be made prior to the event start. The final day to cancel or substitute an attendee is January 15th.