Restore and Reset: Leadership Growth Through Wellness
Friday, April 26, 2024 - Sunday, April 28, 2024
Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel | 606 Congress St Boston, MA 02210
Join us for VGP's inaugural Wellness Retreat, taking you on a holistic journey to a healthier and more fulfilling career.
At VGP, we have the privilege of working one-on-one with veterinary professionals day in and out. Even though our members live across the country, have different-sized practices, see different patients, have unique services, and created their own culture and teams, there are consistent themes that come from our meetings.
Most recently, there has been an overwhelming need for more training and resources to improve the overall health and well-being of you and your veterinary teams. Burnout and compassion fatigue have become our norm and turnover is at an all-time high. You've been searching for ways to help your teams and provide support so you can continue to serve your clients, patients, and communities for many years to come.
Explore wellness in veterinary medicine through five engaging and interactive presentations from industry experts and thought leaders:
- Organizational Culture, led by Shawn McVey: Shape and nurture your workplace culture by examining its fundamentals, assessing your organization's culture, and understanding its critical role in mission and values alignment.
- Empowered Boundaries, led by Rachel Teichberg: Reclaim control over well-being and professional growth by setting assertive boundaries, and confidently navigating your veterinary journey.
- Optimism and Resilience, led by Julia Behr: Foster positivity and resilience in veterinary practices by embracing optimism, identifying resources, and building resilience for both individuals and teams.
- Combat Compassion Fatigue led by Dr. Amy Weaver: Equip yourself with strategies and resources to help build awareness and create a plan of action.
- Sustaining Passion and Purpose, led by Dr. Kelly Cairns: Discover the importance of cultivating purpose driven by passion and mentorship, finding joy and sustainability.
- Gain knowledge of the four primary types of culture and their characteristics to assess, analyze, shape, and nurture your practice's culture.
- Learn how to enhance positive emotions and a model to cultivate learned optimism. Identify resources to build resilience and create your own resilience toolkit.
- Equip yourself with actionable strategies to confidently navigate boundary-bending situations and set expectations, ensuring professional empowerment and balanced well-being.
- Understand why we suffer from compassion fatigue, how to recognize the signs in ourselves and others, and what to do about it.
- Learn how to create an organized process for self-assessment on your professional journey along with solutions on how to overcome the most common obstacles, enabling you to achieve your goals.
Friday, 4/26 - 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
Reception (hors d'oeuvres and beverages provided)
Welcome presentation from our Chief Cultural Officer, Shawn McVey
Saturday, 4/27 - 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM (breakfast and lunch provided)
8:30 - 11:00 - Actionable, Authentic Optimism and Resilience, Presented by Julia Behr, CVPM, CVBL, PPPC, CCFP
11:00 - 12:30 - The Science Behind Compassion Fatigue and Building Resiliency, Presented by Dr. Amy Weaver
12:30 -1:30 - Lunch
1:30 - 5:00 - Culture Catalysts: Igniting Change, Sparking Success, Presented by Shawn McVey, MA, MSW
Sunday, 4/28 - 8:30 AM to 1:30 PM (breakfast provided)
8:30 - 10:30 - Re-Kindling the Spark: Sustaining Passion and Purpose from the Heart, Presented by Dr. Kelly Cairns, DVM, MS, DACVIM (SAIM)
10:30 - 11:00 - Break
11:00 - 12:30 - Discover Your Strength with Empowered Boundaries, Presented by Rachel Teichberg, CVPM, CVBL, CCFP
12:30 - 1:30 - Speaker Panel Discussion
This is an exclusive event for Veterinary Growth Partners’ Elite members. Registration is entirely complimentary—a value of $2,495 per attendee! We recommend that you register as many key people from your organization as possible, such as the partner/owners, administrator, head receptionist, and head technician (max 6).
We have a limited number of seats available, so be sure to register early.
We'll send you a confirmation email with hotel and travel information. We look forward to seeing you there!
Cancellation Policy We will charge a $500 per attendee cancellation fee for a cancellation received less than 30 days prior to the event. Any cancellation fees charged by an airline, a car rental company, the resort, or another hotel are entirely your responsibility.