VGP's A Team Approach to Healthy Conflict
Friday, February 23rd - Sunday, February 25th, 2024
How often do you face conflict at work? If you dread it, you’re not alone! Bolster your confidence and learn how to deal gracefully with conflict and difficult conversations by attending this intensive, interactive program.
The curriculum is full of opportunities to build skills, such as self-awareness, expert observation of others’ behavior, and coaching. This event is highly interactive, including small-group exercises, time for reflection, and workshop-type skill building. After attending this program, you will have increased your value to the practice as a leader and improved your connections to team members who look to you for direction. Registration includes 12 hours of RACE-approved CE.
CVPM, CVBL, CCFP
The program will run from Friday evening through Sunday afternoon, covering concepts on communication and conflict. Our workshop is highly interactive, including small group exercises, time for reflection, and skill building. Each attendee will receive a workbook to use throughout the weekend along with personal Conflict Dynamics Profile assessment results.
This unique retreat is unlike any other continuing education event and is well-suited for those in leadership positions.
- How to interpret your personal Conflict Dynamics Profile
- Understanding the difference between constructive and destructive responses
- Developing an awareness of your hot buttons
- Developmental suggestions to improve your reaction to conflict
- Which personal responses to conflict could pose a threat to your relationships, position or practice
- How to engage in a conflict conversation
- New skills that transform you into expert in managing conflict productively
- A customized report detailing your strengths and weaknesses when dealing with conflict and how you compare to others
- A personal development plan that will help you continue to build your conflict competence
All participants will take a Conflicts Dynamics Profile assessment prior to the workshop giving you personal insight on areas of strengths and opportunities to improve. Your assessment results will be provided to you at the conclusion of Friday night's session. Please be sure to register each person with their own unique email address to ensure assessment invites are delivered to the correct person.
This is an exclusive event for Veterinary Growth Partners and workshop registration is entirely complimentary to VGP Elite Members!* We recommend that you register as many key people from your organization as possible, such as the partner/owners, administrator, head receptionist, and head technician (max 10). If you have questions before registration, please feel free to email us. We have a limited number of seats available, so be sure to register early.
Attendees must be present for the entirety of the event to earn your CE Certificate.
We'll send you a confirmation email with your pre-session assignments and travel information. *Travel and Hotel accommodations are not included in the registration and must be arranged and paid for by the workshop attendee.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Don't miss your chance to be a part of this amazing live event! Perfect for practices working on building better resilience in conflict situations in the veterinary team..